Saturday, October 08, 2005

Anyone But Ken

The Conservatives have yet to pick a leader and I have already said that I support Liam Fox however as long as Ken Clarke doesn't win I will be happy. This is because Ken Clarke is the ideal candidate for leadership... if he was a Labour member. He is one of the most europhile ministers I have ever layed my eyes on so he must not win as there would be even less difference between Labour and the conservatives than there is now. Infact I think he is more likely to join the Euro and leave the Pound than any Labour government.

This is why I am linking to Anyone But Ken which is a blog blogging against Ken Clarke becoming leader. Its a good blog and well worth reading.

If Ken Clarke does win I think Gordon Brown may be the best for England as Brown doesn't seem too much of a europhile. Infact he looks more like a control freak which is great because he won't appreciate the EU butting in. He won't leave the EU but we can look forward to lots of arguments between him and the EU.

No comments: