Sunday, September 11, 2005

Blair taking my advice?

Advisers appointed by Tony Blair after the London bombings are proposing to scrap the Jewish Holocaust Memorial Day because it is regarded as offensive to Muslims. They want to replace it with a Genocide Day that would recognise the mass murder of Muslims in Palestine, Chechnya and Bosnia as well as people of other faiths.

At last the government has found some common sense. It is about time we had a genocide memorial day. I have been wanting this for more than 2 years and in my blog posts I have been calling for one. Do the government advisers read my blog?

I am glad that we will be remembering all the genocides and not just the holocaust as the jews should never have a monopoly on genocide rememberance.

However the government is taking it a bit too far. They are going to have multiple genocide memorial days. One for each faith. That is not needed one bit. It will reduce the significance of the genocide memorial days. To have one is better as it is remembering the hundreds of millions that have been massacred through the years.

No comments: