Sunday, July 01, 2007

BNP leadership election


The British National Party has just announced that there will be a leadership election this year. The challenger to Mr Griffin is Chris Jackson a former North West regional organiser.

For some reason the ballot papers will have to be in by Thursday 26th July. This seems slightly strange. I would have hoped that each candidate would have had longer to campaign and even had the chance to debate each other at the national party conference held every year. This would have given members a chance to ask questions. Having to read 200 words in the party bulletin and 800 words on the site just doesn’t seem enough information. At the very least I would hope there would be a BNPTV broadcast showing them debating.

I don’t know anything about Chris Jackson so I will probably be voting for Nick however if Chris seems a better candidate I will vote for him but the most likely scenario is that I will stay loyal to the leader who has brought the BNP to where it is today.

No comments: