Friday, July 06, 2007

Schools to give lessons in feelings


All children will receive lessons in how to manage their feelings under a multi-million pound scheme to improve classroom behaviour, Schools Secretary Ed Balls said.

Pupils will be taught about resolving conflict without fighting through citizenship lessons and how to be good losers in PE.

Oh god. I know you are gonna laugh. I did after the second paragraph. There really isn’t much to say except that it is the most stupid thing that I have ever heard.

Timmy: I can’t find my Action Man

Teacher: It’s ok Timmy

Timmy: No it isn’t

Teacher: How does losing your action man make you feel?

Timmy: I don’t know…

Teacher: It’s ok Timmy, you want to cry so cry. It’s how us adults deal with a loss of our action figures.

5 comments:

James Higham said...

What a load of bollocks. All it rquires is good teachers with normal heads on their shoulders instead of all this fearful PC rubbish.

youdontknowme said...

I agree it's just a pity we don't have good teachers but soppy politically correct ones.

Anonymous said...

I have often thought some PE lessons should be replaced with martial arts.
Martial arts taught from an early age at school may well help with both bullying and general discipline and respect issues.

youdontknowme said...

I have thought the same. It would definately help those who are being bullied.

Ruthie said...

I laughed aloud when I read this!

Poor Timmy...