Thursday, July 05, 2007

FoI: Please wait until August


Last month I blogged about my freedom of information request which the government were refusing to answer until today which meant I was waiting 8 month for some simple information.

Let’s go back to what I requested:

‘How much is spent on digital TV (Sky, Freeview, NTL etc), and games consoles (Xbox, Playstation and games etc) between January 2002- October 2006’.

This was concerning my local prison (which isn’t actually so local). They got back to me again today and said:

As we previously explained, we are considering your information request under the exemption contained within Section 43.

In order to consider the public interest fully we extended our response date to 5th June but I much regret to say this has not been possible. We now aim to respond by 6th August.

There ya go. I have to wait another month which will take me up to 9 months when we get to August 6th and all I want I to know is how much my local prison spends on computer games and digital TV.

I don’t want to wait 9 months but I don’t think I have a choice. I am considering sending them another request for information asking what advice they have had on this request.

No comments: