Friday, December 01, 2006

Cleveland schools serve halal


I must admit. My council is very efficient at giving responses to freedom of information requests. I sent one on the 25th of November and I just got an answer today. FoI requests are supposed to take 20-30 days. Kudos to the FoI staff at my council.

Well now get to the point. I sent a question asking:

'Can I have a list of all Primary schools that serve halal meat at dinner time? Can I also have a list of those that are considering serving halal meat?'

I got a response saying:

I can confirm that all Primary schools serve halal lamb. Lamb is on the menu at different intervals over a three week period. A list of all of our schools is available on our website at this link.

This means that all primary schools are serving halal even though the North East of England is probably the whitest place in England. If your child is a pupil of any primary school in Cleveland I advise you to complain to the head teacher immediately.

No comments: