Monday, April 30, 2007

2 Freedom of Information Requests


I received 2 answers to freedom of information requests that I have made. Unfortunately the prison service still won’t answer my request and have extended the deadline until June 5. For people who don’t know about the request you can read it here. I have now been waiting 6 months and another month will make it 7.

In the second of today’s requests I asked my local NHS trust how much debt they were in and how they are planning to get out of it. Unfortunately they never answered the second part but I did find out that “The Trust has a historic deficit of £21.4 million”. It seems as if I had a freedom of information officer sympathising with me seeing as the debt is “historic”. I would have thought that they would have wanted to keep that bit secret.

No comments: